Test items: 4 points each (90% required to move to next level)
1. Settle - within 5 minutes of handler being seated in training center, dog must lay down at your feet.
2. Leave it - as learned in your initial consultation, treat in your hand or tossed on floor.
3. Wait - at the doorway. Dog must sit and wait until released through the door.
4. Heel with distraction - dog and handler will heel towards a distraction, and demonstrate that the dog will turn with the handler away from the distraction (from about midway in the training center)
5. Sit - dog must sit when asked upon coming to a halt during heel.
6. Down Pt 2 - with assistance (leash pressure) is ok.
7. Stand - with assistance (leash pressure) is ok.
8. Recall - formal. Handler leaves dog and goes to the end of the six foot leash, calls and dog comes to sit in front of handler.
9. One minute sit stay - on a six foot leash
10. Sit stay with distraction – dog sits next to owner and a distraction is presented